“Jackfruit in a subzi, Are u serious?” asked my friend, when I served her this for lunch the other day. She was zapped and bowled by the taste, uniqueness and simple method of this dish. The grated coconut and seasonings in this recipe add that South-Indian touché to it. While shredding the jackfruit I have taken care to remove the outer covering of the jack fruit seed. So now for a change enjoy your favourite fruit as a veggie too…
- 250 gms raw jackfruit shredded
- 1 onion finely sliced
- 2 green chillies
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- A few curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- Oil for seasoning
- In a mixer/blender grind coarsely a green chilli and the grated coconut.
- In a pan put in the jack fruit, onion, one chilli slit in the middle, turmeric powder and1/2 cup water.
- Now add salt and the coconut-chilli paste when the jack fruit is cooked.
- Remove from flame and season with curry leaves and mustard seeds.
- Stir together with a fork or the rear end of the spoon and it is ready to serve.
Preparation time :30 minutes