I have a penchant for Dosas like most other people and I never stop at experimenting with different ingredients to create newer versions of this versatile dish. My newest discovery is the Ragi Dosa which I had heard of often but never tasted.I was doing a search for ‘Ragi recipes’ to finish the large quantity of Ragi at home. I came across this recipe on one of the websites but I’ve modified it to my taste. It turned out really well and I’m sure I’ll be making this often.
- Finger Millet Flour (Ragi Flour)- 1 ½ cups
- Split black gram (Urad dal): ¾ cup
- Salt to taste
- Cumin powder: 1 tsp (optional)
- Soak the Split black gram in water for 3 hours and grind to a fine paste
- Mix this paste with the Finger millet flour (add a little water) to a thick consistency.
- Let this batter ferment overnight
- The next day mix salt and cumin powder
- Heat a pan and pour one ladle of this batter and spread
- Pour a little oil on the dosa
- Cook till both sides are brown and crisp
- Serve hot with coconut chutney
Preparation time: ½ hr