Spring onion is an inviting vegetable, which if prepared when fresh and green, adds a unique taste and lush appeal to the dish. Though there are a few standard recipes which are prepared with the spring onions like in a fried rice or Manchurian dish etc, I went on to experiment with the vegetable in this different recipe. This dish that I cracked-up turned out to be very tasty and was an excellent accompaniment with rotis!
- 1 large potato-chopped small
- 3-4 spring onions – cut fine
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp of mustard seeds
- ½ tsp pepper powder or add green chilli (cut fine)
- Salt to taste
- In a pan heat little oil and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds. When they splutter put in the spring onions and sauté for 1 minute.
- Then add the potato, turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt and pepper powder. Fry well and cook covered with a lid, on low flame, till the potato is done.
- Serve hot with rotis or rice and egg curry/dal.
Preparation Time: 20-25 minutes