Last weekend, we had invited a couple of friends for dinner. So I wanted to prepare something tasty and different for a starter. Since the main course had its share of non-vegetarian dishes, I stuck to a vegetarian starter. The dish ‘potato patakha’ turned out to be just the right starter. The spicy potato with capsicum and onions, blended with red masala, was a yummy treat for all. All you calorie watchers will have to tease your guilt for this one.
Enjoy and relish the yummy and spicy ‘Potato Patakha’…
- 400 gms boiled baby potatoes
- 3 big capsicums cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 onion diced
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 3 tbsp onion garlic paste
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- ½-1 tbsp chilli sauce
- ½ tbsp vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
For the batter
- 4 tbsp maida/all purpose flour
- 5 tbsp water
- salt to taste
- red chilli powder(to taste)
- Mix the batter ingredients and adjust consistency just enough to coat the potatoes.
- Peel the boiled potatoes and dip each potato in the batter.
- Heat oil in a deep pan and deep fry the potatoes till golden brown.
- In a non-stick pan heat oil. Sauté onion-garlic paste on a low flame.
- Add tomato puree, tomato sauce, chilli sauce, vinegar, salt, pepper and soya sauce.
- Add and sauté, diced onions and capsicum for 2-3 minutes on slow fire.
- Transfer this into a serving bowl and add fried potatoes. Mix well, microwave for about 2 minutes (Else, add fried potatoes and toss over flame for few minutes).
- Use toothpicks for potato, onion and capsicum and serve Or Serve as it is.
Preparation Time: ½ hour