This is a heavy duty recipe. So people who don’t care about calories are welcome to try it out. The ingredients are simple and you don’t need to make an elaborate side dish except raita with this. It has a rich filling of cheese and peas. I’ve also added a small potato, but that’s optional. I tried this out for emptying my refrigerator of its only contents, peas & cheese, before going away on a long trip.
- 1 cup par boiled green peas
- A 2/2 cube of cheese (grated)
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- 1 small boiled potato (optional)
- 1 small bunch of chopped coriander/ cilantro leaves
- ½ black pepper powder
- 2 cups wheat flour
- Water to knead the dough
- ¼ cup ghee
- 2 tbsp curd
- Mix the dough, salt, water and curd and knead into a soft dough
- Leave the dough for about half an hour for better results
- In a bowl, add the peas, salt, chili powder, cumin powder, pepper powder, chopped coriander leaves, cheese and boiled potato and mash them into a mixture.
- Take a ball of dough and roll it out into a small sized thick chapatti.
- Put the mixture in the center and draw the edges of the chapatti towards the center to cover the mixture
- Flatten this stuffed ball and roll it to the size and thickness of a chapatti. (Make sure the stuffing doesn’t squeeze out)
- Heat a pan and place the paratha on it on medium flame
- After around 2-3 minutes flip it the other side and pour some ghee/oil on the edges
- Cook till both sides are well cooked
- Serve hot with raita/pickle
Preparation time: 30 minutes