It was long since I had made some continental cuisine so I decided to make some pasta with vegetables. One thing that I liked about this recipe is that it has plenty of veggies which are not over cooked and it uses just ½ tsp of butter. The dish retains the nutrients and the natural flavor of the vegetables which makes it more delicious. There’s no other fattening agent. You may add cheese if you like but it tasted awesome even without it. I served it with garlic bread for dinner and it was liked by everybody.
- 2 cups chopped mixed vegetables: (peas, capsicum, cauliflower, mushrooms & carrots)
- ½ cup macaroni
- ½ tsp butter
- 3 garlic pods
- 1 tsp all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp black pepper powder
- Cook the macaroni in boiling water for 10-12 minutes, drain the hot water, immerse it in cold water, again drain and keep it aside
- Blanch all the vegetables together till they are half cooked.
- In a pan, heat some butter, and add the crushed garlic pods.
- Once it emits an aroma, add the flour and roast for 2-3 minutes
- Add the milk all at once and keep stirring continuously to avoid lumps.
- If you are adding cheese, you can add some to this mixture at this stage and stir it well.
- Add the blanched vegetables, salt, pepper powder and stir well
- Add the cooked macaroni and adjust salt and pepper powder
- Serve hot with garlic bread
Preparation time: 30 minutes