Pasta Arrabiata is one of the tastiest and easy Italian dishes, which is extremely popular all across due to its spicy flavor and combination of aromatic herbs. The dish is best prepared with penne pasta. If you are a fan of spicy food, this would be the perfect dish for you. To opt for a milder version, you can omit the red pepper flakes.
Basically this dish is abundant with red hot chilli peppers. Penne pasta, used for this dish are small rigid tube shaped pasta cut diagonally towards the end. Extremely easy to kae, the dish can be prepared in 20 minutes. Combine your Pasta Arrabiata recipe with soup or to have the perfect Italian meal. To add to the bliss, all you need is a fine red wine of your picking.
Spicy Pasta Arrabiata
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/8 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans peeled and diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large sauce pan. Saute onions and garlic for 5 minutes.
- Add wine, suga, basil, red pepper, tomato paste, lemon juice, Itialian seasoning, black pepper and tomatoes and bring it to boil. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer the mixture uncovered for about 15 minutes.
- Add parsley and hot cooked pasta of your choice. Mix it together and serve hot.