I wanted to try out a variation of the popular Indian recipe Rajma and decided to throw in some cottage cheese to make it tastier and more interesting. Rajma Chawal meaning Rajma Rice is a very common item in North Indian households, although you can also serve it with roti/ chapatti.
- 150 gm paneer /cottage cheese
- 1 cup Rajma (kidney beans)
- 2 tomatoes (finely chopped)
- 2 onions
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 2 pinch turmeric powder
- 1 bunch of chopped coriander/cilantro leaves
- Wash and soak rajma overnight.
- The next day pressure cook the rajma and keep it aside
- Heat some oil in a pan, fry chopped onions, and add ginger garlic paste.
- Add salt, turmeric, red chili powder, and chopped tomatoes.
- Add cooked rajma and cottage cheese and bring it to a boil
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice/chapatti.
Preparation time: 30 minutes