One of my favorite options when I have a time crunch but want to cook up something quick is pav-bhaji. Last weekend I had some extra paneer so I decided to throw in that too to make paneer pav-bhaji. Pav bhaji being one of the most healthy and delicious dishes adding paneer not only enhances the taste but also provides extra nutrients.
- 3 potatoes
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 4 tsp pav bhaji masala
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup peas
- 2 carrots
- ½ cup cauliflower florets
- ½ cup string beans (optional)
- 100 gm paneer
- In a pressure cooker, heat 2 tbsp of butter and add chopped onions.
- After the onions turn pink, add chopped tomatoes and stir till it becomes soft.
- Add salt and pav bhaji masala and stir again
- Add the remaining roughly chopped vegetables and paneer.
- Add some water and pressure cook the contents for 3-4 whistles.
- After it cools, open the cooker and mash the vegetables with a masher.
- Serve hot with slit buttered buns, garnished with coriander and chopped onions.
Preparation time: 30 minutes