Yesterday was a perfect time to make Paneer Parathas. The chill of the winter beginning to set in, the new spirit in the atmosphere, the festive mood around for the Durga Puja, all this worked towards whetting our appetites all the more. Since I had some paneer ready, my husband suggested paneer parathas. And we both cooked together tapping and doing a jig to the tune of Beatles, between rolling out parathas and turning them on the pan. Make sure that the mixture has more than average masalas, because once you roll it in between the dough, the excess masala gets neutralized by the dough.
- 2 cup Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Water
- 200 gm paneer
- 1/4 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Chat Masala
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 green chili
- 2 tbsp curd
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- A bunch of Coriander/Cilantro leaves
- Mix the dough, salt, water and curd and knead into a soft dough
- Leave the dough for about half an hour for better results
- In a bowl, add the paneer, salt, chili powder, chopped green chili, cumin seeds, chat masala, chopped coriander leaves and mash them into a mixture.
- Take a ball of dough and roll it out into a small sized thick chapatti.
- Put the mixture in the center and draw the edges of the chapatti towards the center to cover the mixture
- Flatten this stuffed ball and roll it to the size and thickness of a chapatti. (Make sure the stuffing doesn’t squeeze out)
- Heat a pan and place the paratha on it on medium flame
- After around 2-3 minutes flip it the other side and pour some ghee/oil on the edges
- Cook till both sides are well cooked
- Serve hot with raita/pickle
Preparation time: 30minutes