This Indian curry is a popular vegetarian dish. The spinach curry prepared with a generous quantity of cottage cheese, is also at times prepared with mustard leaves and the dish is called Saag Paneer; just that, in some cases, the consistency of the dish varies. Considering that the nutritional value and benefits of the ingredients, spinach and cottage cheese, are very high and good for children, I prepare this dish for my daughter very often. The method in which I have prepared the dish is an easy and simple preparation.
- 1 bunch of palak/spinach
- 1 onion(roughly chopped for grinding)
- 2 tomatoes(roughly chopped for grinding)
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp besan/gram flour
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 500 gms-Paneer/Cottage cheese- cut into pieces/cubes
- Ghee for seasoning
- Salt to taste
- Lightly steam the palak and then allow to cool.
- Grind to paste in a blender/mixer – the cooled palak, onion, and tomatoes.
- In a pan heat ghee, add ginger garlic paste and besan. Stir fry till the aroma of fried besan emanates. Add salt, red chilli powder, palak paste and paneer pieces and cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with rotis/naans/paranthas
Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes