Its time now for some seasoned buttermilk, with just a few ingredients. This is an answer for anyone struggling to battle rising temperatures, and its accompanying discomfort. As it is slightly warmed and allowed to stand, this helps to blend the ingredients and a cooling effect is obtained. Moru Kachiyathu is either added to rice during a meal or taken in as a drink with or without meals.
- 4 tbsp curd/yoghurt
- 2 small red onions crushed
- 2 green chillies crushed
- 1 pod of garlic crushed
- 1 cm (a small) piece of ginger crushed
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for seasoning
- 1 sprig of curry leaves (fresh or dried)
- ¼ tsp mustard seeds for seasoning
- ¼ tsp fenugreek seeds for seasoning
- ¼ tsp cumin seeds for seasoning
- Beat the curd well and pour it into a thick bottomed vessel.
- Add to it the crushed onions, chillies, garlic, ginger, turmeric powder and salt.
- Add enough water to it and stir to a thin consistency.
- Heat gently on the flame stirring continuously, taking care that the buttermilk does not split.
- Take off from the flame and then season it with fenugreek seeds, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves.
Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes