Toss in those few vegetables to bring about a melody. This simple, easy to prepare and tasty dish is just the recipe you’re looking for when you run out of time in those morning rush hours, and yet wish to serve your family a healthy and nutritious meal. The nutrients are well preserved as the vegetables are cooked in its water content and there is no oil in it. If coconut is not preferred then add ground nut powder. This recipe is a perfect include in a dieters’ food chart.
- 1 white beet root /shalgum cut into pieces
- 1 potato sliced cut into pieces
- 1 capsicum cut into pieces
- 2 carrots cut into pieces
- 3 tinda / Indian baby pumpkins sliced
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- 2 green chillies (slit lengthwise)
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 stalk of curry leaves
- salt to taste
- ½ cup grated coconut.
- Add all the vegetables, cumin seeds, turmeric, salt, green chillies and curry leaves in a pan.
- Add 2 tbsp water, close with a lid and heat over low flame till the contents get cooked.
- Put the flame off and add grated coconut and cover with a lid for few minutes.
Preparation Time: 20-25 minutes