Green vegetables do all they good they can for our health and so I never fail to ignore them. Fenugreek leaves leave a trace of bitter taste when cooked without an accompanying ingredient, so I added with them some tomatoes and potatoes. They did a good job together I guess… Well I didn’t say that, the clean platters after dinner said so!
- 1 Potato – wash, peel and cube
- 1 cup shelled green peas
- 1 bundle Methi/Feungreek leaves – chop fine
- 1 Onion – chopped fine
- 4-5 Garlic pods– chop fine
- 2 Tomatoes – chopped fine
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Red chilli powder
- Heat oil in pan and add the garlic, when it turns a little brown, add the onions and sauté. When onions turn brownish, add fenugreek leaves/methi, peas and potatoes. Fry and add salt.
- Cover with lid and cook on low flame for 10/12 minutes. When almost done open the lid and add the tomatoes and red chilli powder cover with lid and leave on flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve hot with rotis or rice.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes