Just too glad to have one more vegetable added onto the list of my veggies stock, gives me the pleasure of cracking another recipe with it. The raw jackfruit subzi tasted amazing as a dry dish, and so I went on to prepare the same in gravy. I was impressed the jackfruit did a good job; it added content and flavour to the dish, leaving me in all praise for its humble self.
- 250 gm raw jackfruit (washed well, chopped and seed-cover removed)
- 3 Onions (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp Fenugreek seeds (methi)
- Curry leaves a few
- Oil 1 tbsp
- 3 Tomatoes (pureed)
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp meat masala
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- In a pan fry the onions, fenugreek seeds and curry leaves in oil till brown.
- Now grind and put this back into the pan and fry for 1 minute.
- Then add tomato puree, coriander powder, chilli powder, garam masala, turmeric powder, salt and meat masala. Fry well.
- Add water enough for gravy required and bring to boil.
- Now add the jackfruit pieces in the gravy. Cover with lid and let it cook on low flame.
Preparation Time: 35-40 minutes
- To avoid the darkening of the chopped jackfruit, before cooking, dip it into a vessel with salt water.