Inspired by the dish Batatyache Kaap on this website, I decided to try out the same method on sweet potatoes. It tasted amazing with a crisp salty exterior and a soft and sweet inside. Made a second batch for some guests for tea time and they enjoyed it too.
Crispy Sweet Potatoes
Time taken: 20 min
- Boiled, sweet potatoes: 2
- Semolina: 2 tbsp
- Dried rosemary powder: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 1/2 tsp
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Peel the boiled sweet potatoes and cut them into ½ inch thick slices.
- In a plate mix semolina, rosemary, salt and chilli powder.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan.
- Coat each slice of the sweet potato with the semolina mixture on both sides and place it in the pan.
- Cook till each side becomes brown and crisp.
- Serve hot with ketchup and fried onions (optional).