Corn finds itself in many recipes, thanks to the innovations of “butta’ (corn) lovers. Corn is any form is delicious, be it the roasted, buttered form or the steamed, spicy variety. Last Sunday I made some Corn Pulao. It’s deceptively simple and yet filling and tasty. Let me get to the recipe.
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup rice
- 1 tbsp ghee/oil
- 1 bunch coriander leaves
- 4-5 pods garlic
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Pulao masala or 1 tbsp (mixed) cloves, cardamom, cinnamon sticks and pepper.
- In a pressure cooker, heat some oil and add the cloves, cardamom, cinnamon sticks and pepper (if not using Pulao masala)
- Grind the coriander leaves and garlic and keep it aside
- Add the corn kernels and rice and keep stirring for a few minutes.
- Add the coriander paste, Pulao masala (if using), salt.
- Add sufficient water and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Serve hot with Raita
Preparation time: 20 minutes