Easy-to-make recipes never fail to catch my attention on food blogs: so I thought, why not share one here too?! The pulav is seasoned with whole spices and grated carrots, giving it a simple, yet excellent taste. This is a quick, healthy and easy-to-make rice preparation for those with less time on hand. I served it with cauliflower-pepper fry, raita, papad, pickle and Love!
Time taken: 15 min
Taste-o-meter: Slightly sweet
- Large carrots (preferably dark orange variety); grated: 4
- Rice: 2 cups
- Water: 2 cups
- Cumin seeds: 1 tsp
- Whole bay leaf: 1
- Cinnamon sticks: 1
- Cloves: 4-5
- Big, black cardamoms: 2
- Salt: according to taste
- Ghee or cooking oil
Ingredients for garnishing:
- Fried onions ( In a pan , heat oil and sauté sliced onions till they turn pinkish-brown)
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker and add the bay leaf, cinnamon stick, cloves, cardamoms and cumin seeds. Stir and sauté.
- Add the carrots and stir-fry for a minute.
- Add the rice and salt to taste. Sti- fry for a minute.
- Add the water and close the pressure cooker.
- Cook on high flame till one whistle, then simmer it and wait for second whistle.
- Put off the flame and open the lid when the steam is released.
- Garnish with fried onions and serve.