All that feasting and craving, over sweets and delicacies, definitely adds its contribution to our waist line. Beginning with a conscious start towards a healthy diet, I prepared this carrot and peas gravy, without oil. I must say the gravy tasted as good as when prepared in oil. This felt good, healthy and nutritious too! This recipe would help those who would like to cook a nutrition filled, tasty and oil free dish!
- 1 cup shelled Green peas
- 1 large Carrot –diced
- 1 large Onion
- 1 large Tomato
- 1 tsp Ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Garnish- finely chopped coriander leaves
- In a mixer or blender put in roughly chopped onions and tomatoes and blend to a coarse paste. Then add the ginger-garlic paste to it and blend once again to smooth paste.
- In a pressure cooker (when hot) put in the above paste and sauté for few seconds. To this add all the spice powders, salt and stir-fry well.
- Then add the carrot and peas to this masala and fry well again till the vegetables look well coated with the masala.
- Add water (about 1-1 ½ cup) enough for vegetables to cook.
- Cook this till about 5-7 minutes (one whistle is fine)/ if cooking in a pan, cook covered on low flame for about 10-15 mins till the vegetables are done.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and serve hot with rotis, paranthas, naans and phulkas or with white steamed rice.
Preparation Time: 25 minutes