I picked up a dozen of these small, tiny lovely capsicums. While I didn’t want to chop them for any dish, the best option seemed making a stuffed variety. So while I had made some extra cottage cheese stuffing for the Stuffed Tomato recipe, I decided to use the same for the capsicums too. The only difference is you need to blanch the capsicums before putting it on the pan, because they take a longer time to cook than tomatoes.
- 6 small capsicums
- 150 gm cottage cheese
- A few sprigs of coriander/cilantro leaves (chopped)
- 1 pinch turmeric powder
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp Besan (Gram flour)
- Make a hole on top of each capsicum and scoop out the seeds and blanch them and keep it aside for cooling.
- In a bowl, mix cottage cheese, salt, turmeric and coriander leaves.
- Fill the stuffing into each capsicum.
- In a pan, heat the oil and place the capsicums on it and cover the lid of the pan
- Keep turning the capsicums occasionally so that all sides cook evenly
- Towards the end, sprinkle some gram flour on the capsicum and let it cook for 5 more minutes.
- Even the skin of the capsicum gets crinkled, it’s an indication that they are done
- Serve hot with chapatti/ rice
Preparation time: 20 minutes