Beetroot is one vegetable that is appealing to a child’s world full of colours. Talk about colouring and there is nothing more to a child than colours and so it must be with food. The colour spreading in the mouth thrills the child who will ask for more. This preparation is very easy to prepare and easy on the digestive system. It is fat-free not too spicy, yet catering to the taste of adults and a packet of nutrition. Most often beets are used in salads and raita but cooking it in this manner adds to your menu while it does not take much of you time.
- 500 gm beetroot peeled and cubed
- salt to taste
- A few curry leaves
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- Heat oil in a thick bottom pan and add the mustard seeds.
- Toss in the beetroot when they crackle and stir till the water starts oozing out.
- Close with a lid or add a little water if required and let it cook.
- Add the salt and pepper and stir till dry.
- Serve hot with any main course meal.