It’s a wholesome dish with a huge array of vegetables and pretty easy to make too. Those kids who fuss over veggies will love it too because it has a creamy texture and plenty of cheese. I made this last night for dinner and served it with garlic bread, and it was quite a hit.
Baked Vegetables with Cheese Sauce
Time taken: 30 min
Taste-o-meter: medium spicy
- Green peas: 50 g
- Cauliflower florets: 50 g
- Carrots (chopped): 50 g
- Runner beans (chopped): 50 g
- Baby corn (chopped): 50 g
- Bell pepper (chopped): 50 g
- Tomato (chopped): 1
- Black pepper powder: 1 tsp
- Milk: 1 cup
- All-purpose flour: 2 tbsp
- Cheese: 100 g
- Garlic pods: 2
- Onion: 1
- Tomato ketchup: 2 tbsp
- Butter: 3 tbsp
- Preheat the oven at 180C.
- Blanch the peas, cauliflower florets, carrots, runner beans, baby corn and bell pepper and keep them aside.
- In a pan, melt some butter. Add the chopped garlic and onion and sauté it.
- Add the blanched vegetables, chopped tomato, salt, pepper powder and stir it for around 5 min.
- Add the tomato ketchup and stir again.
- Don’t overcook the vegetables.
- In another pan, melt some butter, add the all-purpose flour and stir for a minute.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly to avoid lumps.
- When it begins to boil add, half the cheese and stir again.
- In a baking dish, place the vegetables, and strain the white sauce over it evenly.
- Grate the remaining cheese on it and bake at 180C for 20 min.
- Serve hot with garlic bread.