I had bought some Bajra (Pearl Millet) flour and decided to make some Bhakris (as rotis are called in Marathi) out of it for a change. Bajre ki roti is made in many parts of India such as Karnataka & Rajasthan where it is eaten with Gatte ki Subzi, also given in this website. The millet generates a lot of body heat and is thus an ideal winter food. Serve it hot with a dollop of butter or with curd and enjoy on a cozy winter day!!Ingredients:
• Bajra flour (Pearl Millet Flour) – 1 cup
• Wheat flour- ¼ cup
• Warm water
• Salt – 1 tsp
• Sesame seeds – 1 tsp
• Take some Bajra flour & wheat flour in a vessel and add salt, sesame seeds and warm water.
• Knead it thoroughly to make a soft dough.
• Roll it into chapattis and cook both sides with some ghee till it turns brown.
• Serve hot with chutney/butter/curd
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Makes 6 Bhakris/rotis