A hearty and healthy soup that goes right up when served, Lentil soup uses our everyday fair vegetables in a simple but different way and you’ll be amazed to see how it is quickly slurrped with a salad in the cold months or as a small meal after work. Since the chill has started to set in already, we thought of bringing out our family secret.
– Lentils: 250 grams
– Water : 1 and Â½ cup
– Celery: 1 stalk, chopped fine
– Carrots: 1 small, chopped
– White onion: 1 small, chopped fine
– Garlic: 1 clove, chopped
– Olive oil: 1tbsp
– Bay leaf: 1
– Salt: 1 tsp
– Fresh ground black pepper: 1 teaspoon
How to make :
– Unbelievably simple! Just heat oil in a sauce pan, add bay leaf, onion and garlic. Give it strict one minute and add rest of the ingredients. Saute for another minute, add water and set to boil until lentils are cooked.
– Serve with a spoon of butter or freshly chopped coriander for an added taste!
Prep Time:15 Minutes
Cook Time:30 Minutes
Total Time:45 Minutes