Honest here. This is the only way to eat Brussel sprouts or that is all I know. Oh, Im not done yet. Let me mention this to you all that no matter how many recipes you might try, this will eventually be the one that you’ll remember. And I have concrete reasons for that. First, because its easy. Second because it needs only a couple of ingredients that always lie around in your kitchen and third because it is delicious with a crusty top and tender base, resulting into a mouthful.
Stir-Fried Brussel Sprouts
- Brussels sprouts: 20 or so
- Extra-virgin olive oil: 1 + 1 tbsp
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Grated cheese, parmesan or gouda or whatever you like: 1/2 cup
- Trim the stem ends, wash properly, rub with 1 tbsp of olive oil and keep aside.
- In a pan, in low heat, heat some olive oil and place the sprouts, flat side down.
- Cook them on low heat until the inside is tender. Once tender, increase the heat and fry the flat side crispy or until golden brown. Toss and turn to fry well.
- Season with salt, pepper and cheese and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve piping hot!