Pasta dishes are, I guess, self explanatory! They taste awesome, satisfy your hunger pangs, keep you asking for more and are easy to cook. Here in this recipe, I have used a cabbage based sauce to toss in the spiral pasta, which is called Fusilli. The vegetable chowder can also be used like a sandwich spread, or rolled in a flat Indian bread like rotis or paranthas. The type of pasta used can be replaced by any other make to suit your preference.
Fusilli Tossed in Cabbage Chowder
- Cabbage 450gm
- Onions 55gm
- Tomatoes 225gm
- Green pepper 55gm
- Cold water 590ml
- Butter 30gm
- Refined flour 30gm
- Milk 300ml
- Cheese 30gm
- Paprika 1/8tsp
- Red chilli flakes ¼ tsp
- A few freshly crushed peppercorns
- Salt to taste
- Pepper a pinch (for boiling)
- Fusilli (spiral pasta in different colours) 2 cups (use as per quantity required to toss in the sauce. As some prefer to have more quantity of sauce)
- Wash and chop vegetables in strips. All the seeds must be removed from the green pepper and it should be rinsed well before chopping.
- Put vegetables in a pan with water, salt and pepper. Bring to boil and simmer for about 15minutes.
- Prepare a white sauce with butter, flour and milk. Ensure that no lumps are formed.
- Add to the vegetable mixture.
- Add cheese and paprika and stir until cheese is melted.
- Boil pasta as per instructions and when done mix well in the above prepared sauce.
- Sprinkle red chilli flakes and crushed peppercorns over the dish and toss well. Even out the spread to serve. Garnish with parsley.
Preparation Time: 45 minutes