A soft, multi layered moist dessert with fresh orange and gulkand filling, refreshing for the summers.
FOR THE SPONGE
- 65 gms maida sifted thrice
- 65 gms of caster sugar
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon of rose syrup diluted (1 tea spoon of any rose flavored sherbat diluted with 2 tsp of water)
- 1/2 tsp orange emulsion for the filling
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup Orange pieces (peeled and membrane removed)
- 1/4th cup gulkand (rose petal candied,
- 2 cups of thickly whipped cream (whipped over ice with 2 tablespoon of icing sugar)
- In a dry mixing bowl, whisk eggs with a pinch of salt until soft peaks form.
- Keep straining sugar on top of it,1 tbsp at a time, until all sugar is used.
- Now fold in maida, (sieving again on the egg mix) finally fold in rose syrup and orange emulsion.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 deg. for 25 mins in a 6″ baking tin.
- Cool, cut in 3 layers horizontally.
- Moist each layer with orange juice. Mix together remaining juice with 3/4th cream and gulkand.
- Spread the cream mix on each layer of sponge, covering with another sponge piece.
- Soak the top most layer with a little rose syrup (diluted) and cover with the remaining 1/4th cream flavored with orange emulsion (4-5 drops)decorate with piping nozzle no.R-44.for this cake, I used 3 different colors in the same piping bag to give the shaded effect.
Time: 40 Minutes + Baking Time
Recipe Contributed by: