- 4 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pound red candied cherries
- 1 pound green candied cherries
- 1 pound Brazil nuts
- 1 pound walnut halves
- 1 pound pecan halves
- 2 pounds pitted dates
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease 3 – 8×4 inch loaf pans and line them with parchment or waxed paper.
- Beat eggs, salt and vanilla together until very light and lemon colored.
- Stir in sugar, 1 cup flour and baking powder.
- Place cherries, nuts, and dates into a large bowl. Dust with the remaining 1/2 cup flour.
- Then stir in sugar mixture. There is very little batter which makes this a very stiff mixture. Mix with hands.
- Press batter into prepared loaf pans. Bake for 1 hour.
Time: 1 Hour
Recipe Contributed by: