Here comes the delicious Manchurian but with a unique combination of Hotdog bread.
- Carrot, chopped – ½ cup
- Cabbage, chopped – ½ cup
- Cauliflower, chopped – ½ cup
- Salt – According to taste
- Ajinomoto – ¼ tsp + ½ tsp
- Chilli sauce – ½ tsp + 1½ tsp
- Soya sauce – ¼ tsp + 1 tsp
- Black pepper – a pinch
- Plain flour – 2½ tbsp
- Hot dog bread – 4
- Ginger – ½ tsp
- Garlic – 1 tsp
- Green chillies, chopped – 1
- Cornflour – 1 tbsp
- Spring onions – ¼ cup
- Tomato ketchup – 3 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Vinegar water – 1 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp + for frying
Chop carrot, cabbage and cauliflower (separately) in an electronic chopper. Mix them in a bowl and squeeze out water from them. Keep the water aside.
- Add salt, ajinomoto (¼) chilli sauce (½) soya sauce (¼) black pepper, plain flour (or corn flour) and mix well. Make small balls from the mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan. Deep fry these balls till golden brown.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped spring onions along with its leaves and saute for 2 minutes. Add ginger, garlic and green chillies. Saute it for 2 minutes on high flame.
- Take ½ cup of water (use the water which was kept aside). Add corn flour and mix well. Add soya sauce, chilli sauce, tomato ketchup and mix well. Put this mixture in the pan and stir well.
- Add salt, ajinomoto, sugar and cook for 2 minutes. Add vinegar water and mix fried balls. The balls should be nicely coated in the gravy (the gravy should be semi-liquid).
- Cut the hotdog buns from the centre without separating the ends. Place the balls (4-5) in the centre of the hotdog along with little gravy and press it tightly.
- Serve hot with Tomato ketchup.
You can also heat the hotdog bread before serving.
Don’t put too much of the gravy in the hotdog otherwise it will drop out from the sides.
Recipe Contributed By:
Time Taken: 30 minutes