Mouth watering biryani with a taste of Dry Fruits
- Chicken – ½ kg
- Basmati rice – ½ kg (cooked)
- Curd – 1 cup
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp or to taste
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Saffron – ¼ tsp
- Bay leaf – 2
- Cardamoms – 3
- Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
- Cloves – 4
- Cashwenuts – 10
- Coriander leaves – ¼ cup (roughly chopped)
- Mint leaves – ¼ cup (roughly chopped)
- Salt – to taste
- Ghee – ¼ cup
- Marinate the chicken with curd, red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and salt for 1 hour.
- Cook the basmati rice with salt, till half done and drain the water and keep it aside.
- Soak the saffron strands in1 tbsp warm milk and keep it aside.
- Take a pan and heat with ghee.
- Add cashewnuts, bay leaf, cardamom, cinnamon and cloves.
- Sauté for few mins.
- Then add marinated chicken pieces and garam masala.
- Mix well and fry well till the curd is absorbed.
- Add enough water and cook till the chicken pieces are tender.
- Now divide the cooked rice into two portions.
- Mix saffron milk with one portion of rice.
- Add half of the chicken gravy to it.
- Sprinkle half of the mint and coriander leaves.
- Cover with cooked basmati rice and remaining chicken gravy and remaining coriander and mint leaves.
- Now close with a lid and cook on low flame for 30 mins.
- Remove from heat.
Recipe Contributed By:
Vindhiya Fal Dessai
Time Taken: 35 minutes