“For all the chocoholics out there – a scrumptious, crumbly chocolate extravaganza!”–G A Kurien
- Chocolate – 300 gms
- Butter – 250 gms
- Flour – 400 gms
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon ( ground) – 1 tsp
- Castor sugar – 125 gms
- Egg – 1 no
- Oats – 25 gms
- Demerara sugar – 3 Tbs
- Break 200 gms of the chocolate into pieces. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler.
- Add 25 gms of the butter and stir till smooth.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a bowl.
- Add the remaining butter and blend until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Blend in the castor sugar.
- Reserve 250 gms of this crumble mix.
- Add the beaten egg to the remainder and mix to a firm paste.
- Press the paste into the base of the prepared loose bottomed cake tin.
- Spoon the melted chocolate mixture over the base to within 1 cm of the edge.
- Chop the remaining chocolate and mix it with the reserved crumble mixture, the oats and the Demerara sugar.
- Sprinkle over the chocolate layer.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 150* F for 45 mins.
You can decorate with white butter icing, if required.
Recipe Contributed By:
G A Kurien
Time: 45 minutes-1 hour