An Indian Sweet Meat made up of Barfi Badam (cream almond) served as dessert.
- 4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 125 gm blanched almonds, pulverised
- 1 in blender, or 1 cup ground
- 1 almonds
- 1 pinch of ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoon blanched pistachio nuts
- 1 edible sliver leaf-optional
1. In a heavy-based saucepan or large frying pan boil the milk over fairly high heat, stirring all the time, until it is reduced and very thick.
2. Add sugar and stir for 10 minutes on low heat.
3. Add the ground almonds and continue to cook and stir until the mixture comes away from sides and base of pan in one mass.
4. Remove from heat, sprinkle cardamom over and mix well.
5. Turn on to a greased plate. Smooth top with back of butter spoon.
6. Cool slightly, mark in diamond shapes with knife and decorate with halved pistachio nuts and sliver leaf
Note: Before it is quite firm cut with sharp knife along the markings then leave to get quite cold before separating into pieces.
Recipe Contributed By: