Cutlets always sound mouth watering, and I am anytime game for home-made cutlets. My nostalgic sense of aroma and taste for cutlets, go way back to childhood days, when I used to be pampered at my grandma’s place with those piping hot mince or fish cutlets…So I neither need a reason nor a season for my favourite snack, cutlets!
- 2-3 cups (leftover) vegetable pulao
- 1 large onion
- 3 medium sized potatoes boiled, peeled and mashed
- 2 green chillies deseeded and chopped fine (if more spice required add more chillies)
- 1 egg whisked well (optional)
- Bread crumbs for the coating (I used cheeselings for a change u can try that too, just that the cheeselings blacken your oil so take care)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- In a bowl mash the rice well with a fork or masher and add finely chopped onion, green chillies, salt, pepper and mashed potatoes.
- Form with it equal size of balls /fingers or flat round cutlets.
- Heat the oil in a thick bottomed pan. Dip the balls/fingers in the egg; coat it with bread crumbs and shallow fry.
- Serve hot with tomato sauce.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Makes: 8-10 cutlets