The toasty sesame seeds add just the right zing to the sweetness of jaggery. Don’t wait for those special occasions to make this delightful dessert. Since it just takes a few minutes to prepare, you can make loads of these round goodies and munch on them whenever you feel those hunger pangs.
This recipe is one of the most loved desserts in Indian households and is amazingly simple to prepare.
Til (Sesame) Chikki
- Sugarcane jaggery: 1 cup
- Sesame seeds: 1 cup
- Clarified butter: 2 tbsp
- Grounded cardamom seeds: 3 tsp
- Water: 1/2 cup
- Dry-roast sesame seeds over medium heat in a flat pan till they are pale golden and aromatic.
- Add jaggery and water in a pan. Heat them till they form a thick syrup.
- Add the roasted sesame seeds into the syrup and mix them well.
- Take the mixture off from the heat.
- Brush oil over a thali pour the chikki mixture.
- While still warm, cut square or rectangular pieces of chikki.
- Can store for up to 10-15 days in an airtight container.