I had boiled some excess sweet potatoes and was wondering how to utilize it when my friend expressed her desire to eat parathas. Sweet potatoes having the same texture as boiled potatoes, the procedure is the same. However, I mixed roasted and ground cumin powder with the mashed sweet potatoes and it gave a wonderful flavor. It’s a delicious blend of the sweetness of the potato and the spices and salt mixed.
Sweet Potato Paratha
Time taken: 30 min
Taste-o-meter: Slightly sweet
- Boiled sweet potato: 1
- Roasted and ground cumin powder: 2 tsp
- Green chilli: 1
- Wheat flour: 1 cup
- Ghee: 4 tbsp
- Water to knead the dough
- Mix the dough, salt and water and knead into a soft dough.
- Leave the dough for about half an hour for better results.
- In a bowl, mash the sweet potato, salt, cumin powder, chopped green chili, and mix thoroughly.
- Take a ball of dough and roll it out into a small sized thick chapatti.
- Put the mixture in the center and draw the edges of the chapatti towards the center to cover the mixture.
- Flatten this stuffed ball and roll it to the size and thickness of a chapatti. (Make sure the stuffing doesn’t squeeze out.)
- Heat a pan and place the paratha on it on medium flame.
- After around 2-3 min, flip it the other side and pour some ghee/oil on the edges.
- Cook till both sides are well-cooked.
- Serve hot with raita.