Sunday brunch! The name itself makes you feel so cozy! Getting up late, pampering yourself, treating your taste buds to some delicious platter, strolling by the beach- oh, it feels great to think about it anytime, any day!
And although this Sunday Brunch recipe that I’m going to share is something you’ll need to make ahead of your time, let me tell you, this will be so totally worth it! Make yourself a bunch of homemade herb bread and see how it nudges you to eat more!
Strong Herb Bread
- Warm water: 2 cups
- Dry baker’s yeast: 2 tbsp
- Vegetable oil: 4 tbsp
- Sugar: 2 tbsp
- Salt: 2 tbsp
- All-purpose flour: 5 cups
- Mixed herbs: ½ teaspoon
- Add yeast to 2 cups of water and mix together. Pour in the salt, sugar and oil to the mixture and let it stand for half an hour.
- Note: some recipes call for the mixture of salt to the flour and sugar to the yeast. That’s valid too.
- Grease a loaf pan with very little oil and keep aside.
- In a bowl, sift flower and add the yeast mixture. Mix it with a fork and gradually add all of the flour to form a ball around your fork. Take it out from the bowl, sprinkle some flour in your kitchen counter and knead it to form a smooth ball.
- Keep the dough on a clean bowl and cover it with a tea towel to rise. Let it rise for atleast an hour.
- Punch out all the air from the risen dough, give it another knead and in the shape you’d want, shape it up, place in your baking tray and let it rise for another half an hour to 45 minutes.
- Give it an egg wash (See recipe below) using a brush. Sprinkle the herbs on top and pop it in the preheated oven in 425 F. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Egg wash recipe: One egg, 2-4 tbsp of water. Whisk it briskly and keep aside.
- Try with with mayonnaise and olives in brine! Yum!