This is the Ind0-Italian version of the Bruschetta with Cottage cheese and coriander/cilantro leaves. The inspiration is again Anjum Anand’s show. I’ve omitted a few ingredients and made it simpler. Instead of fresh garlic, I’ve used garlic paste and coated the bread slices with it. When you put this in the oven, the bread absorbs the garlic flavor. There is no reason for not using ready garlic bread to cut down on the time. After all cooking is all about experimentation. I put it together in some 10 minutes. Make this one for a Sunday breakfast or brunch and I’m sure the eaters will be left asking for more.
- A loaf of Italian or French bread
- 150 gm Cottage cheese /paneer
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic paste
- A few sprigs of Coriander/cilantro leaves
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- Tomato ketchup
- Cut the loaf into 1 inch thick slices
- Mix the garlic paste with olive oil and coat the bread slices with it
- Place it in an oven at 180 degree C till the slices become slightly brown and crisp (around 5 minutes)
- In a bowl, mash the paneer, coriander leaves, salt, and pepper powder.
- Once the slices are ready, remove it from the oven, place the paneer topping on it.
- Drizzle some Tomato ketchup and enjoy
Preparation time: 10 minutes