A healthy breakfast means a day well begun. Mothers all over the world strive to give their children the best and this at times result in new recipes. Here is one that helps feeding the child with a fruit too. Guava is a fruit which is difficult for a child, as they do not seem to appreciate the seeds in it; while it is a fruit they need to have, due to it’s de-worming properties.
- 1 ½ cup oats
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 2 medium size guava, ground to a paste
- ½ tsp sugar
- Jaggery to taste
- Boil the water and soak the oats in it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add sugar and heat the oats over the flame till cooked (the mixture thickens).
- Add milk and sweeten with jaggery.
- Add the guava paste and mix well.
- Garnish with coarsely ground peanuts, raisins or walnuts.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes