Sprouts has it’s own nutritive value and has found it way on the gourmet’s list of must haves. The nutrition and taste enhances when the various beans are sprouted together as it tends to balance the shortcomings of each bean if any. This dish along with the apple, cucumber and potato could be a head start for the day or even replace a heavy lunch besides being easy to prepare. The sprouts once steamed, may be refrigerated for future use.
- 1-Apple ( cubed)
- 1- Cucumber – small (cubed)
- Coriander leaves few
- 1-Green chilli (de-seeded) finely chopped
- 1-Onion medium (finely chopped)
- 1-tbsp Lemon juice
- Chaat masala to taste (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1-Potato- boiled, peeled and diced.
- Rajmah/Red kidney beans – 2 tbsp
- Moong/ Green gram – 2 tbsp
- Ground nuts whole – 1 tbsp
- Kala channa/Brown chick peas – 1 tbsp
- Small brown black-eyed beans/Lal chawli – 2 tbsp
- Soya Bean – 1 tbsp
- Wash and soak in water over night all the ingredients for sprouting. Drain off the water in the morning and let it stand for at least 6 hours to sprout.
- Steam the sprouts and keep aside.
- Add in a bowl the steamed sprouts, apple, cucumber, green chilli, onion and potato. Mix it altogether; add the lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss the contents once more and sprinkle chaat masala if desired.
Standing Time: overnight soaking and 6 hrs
Preparation Time: 20 minutes