Ever felt desperate as to how to quick- fix a dessert when you have to lay out a meal in the shortest time? Here is the fastest way to serve a delicacy without cutting into your cooking time. It is faster than getting to an ice-cream parlour, besides being nutritious for the children who may not have had a full meal! This easy to fix dessert can be served warm or cold. To make it more interesting for your kids try out some new designs with the chocolate syrup, as you pour it over the top layer of the bread.
- 12 slices of bread
- ½ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- A pinch of grated nutmeg
- Vanilla essence
- Chocolate syrup
- 8-10 tsp sugar
- Pour the milk into a bowl; add the sugar, the eggs, nutmeg and 2 drops of vanilla essence. Whisk the eggs well, and the sugar too should melt in.
- Apply it on each slice and let it soak into the bread. Layer while applying it.
- On the third bread, pour in the chocolate syrup in a spiral form or concentric circles.
- Continue layering till the sixth bread slice.
- Repeat with the other six slices.
- Oil a bowl and place each of the layered bread into it and steam it turn by turn for 2 minutes.
- Your layered bread is ready to serve.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Did you know?!…
Bread has been around for over 10,000 years. The Egyptians are credited with inventing the oven and discovering leavening agents. Flour milling is credited to the Greeks. The Romans improved on the process, and then brought the art of bread making to Europe.