‘Gooood Morning, Mama!!’ I love this part of the morning the best, when my little girl crawls up to give me a tight good morning kiss, followed by that million dollar smile! Amidst those smiles comes her demand for yummy breakfast, so out pops the question from me, “What do you want for breakfast today, Sweetie?”, though trust-me, I know the answer to it – “Sausages, bread and egg (with that yellow on the top), Mama!”(Oh! and that line comes out with a sweet sing-song tune). A breakfast routine I try hard to substitute, with other breakfast ideas, so that she doesn’t get bored of eating it and me making it 🙂
- A few slices of white bread
- 2 eggs
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 4 Sausages (chicken or pork)
- For the Sausages– In a bowl, tip in the sausages and pour little water. The water level should be just enough to cover the sausage. Cover the vessel and cook for two minutes on low flame. (OR) In a pan heat oil and fry the sausages till they turn brown and keep aside.
- For the Bull’s Eye – In a pan spread little oil and allow to heat. Then over the pan, crack the egg shell gently with a fork/spoon and allow the yolk and egg white to spread out on the pan. Pour little oil if needed around the egg. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the egg. When the small bubbles start appearing on the egg remove from pan carefully on to your plate. Do not let it over cook this will make the yolk stiff.
- For the Bread – you can serve it just buttered (OR) on a pan heat little butter and place the bread slices over it. Then toss over till both sides are slightly browned and the bread is a little crispy.
- Serve the sausages, bread and ‘sunny side up’ on your plate for a sumptuous breakfast!
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Something to say-
Okay I got a confession to make! Frankly I can’t stand egg when made with the ‘sunny side up’. So I flip my egg over and cook it on the other side too, with a generous sprinkle of pepper ‘n salt. So for those who like it my way, serve this in between the bread slices and relish with ketchup.