Can you feel the chill in the air? Pardon us if you are not feeling it coz we surely are experiencing beautiful chilly evenings with a bit of fog. And what could be better than a bowl of hot minestrone to end the days with!
Also, guess what? With a little variation you can turn this into the infamous Manchow Soup!
- Macaroni: 1 cup, boiled
- Spring onions: ½ cup
- Broccoli: 3 springs, chopped
- Carrots: ½ cup, chopped
- Cabbage: ½ cup, shredded
- Tomato Puree: 2/3rd of a cup
- Milk: ½ cup
- Ginger: 1 tsp, paste
- Water: 4 cups
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Grated cheese
- In a saucepan, boil tomato puree, ginger paste, water, milk and salt & pepper.
- In a pan, heat 1 tsp of olive oil and sauté the spring onions.
- When translucent, add the boiling tomato puree and water, milk liquid.
- Let it boil for a minute or two. Now add cabbage, macaroni, broccoli, carrots or any vegetables that u may like to add and stir well.
- Let it thicken a bit. Check salt and at this stage add salt or pepper if required.
- Serve with grated cheese.