Hungarian Goulash recipe is one of the most peculiar soup dishes or stews in the continental cuisine. Hungarian Goulash combines together meat, noodles, vegetables and is seasoned with paprika, oregano and a few other spices as per your liking. People from countries such as Serbia, Austria, Romania, Slovenia, etc., are well versed with how to make Hungarian Goulash like its their bread and butter. Not forgetting to mention it is the national dish of Hungary. Well, now its time to get to the nitty-gritties of the tasty, yet, easy Hungarian recipe.
- Lean, ground beef: 900 g
- Yellow onions, chopped: 2 large
- Garlic cloves, chopped: 3
- Water: 700 ml
- Tomato sauce: 2 cans
- Tomatoes (diced): 2 cans
- Soy sauce: 45 ml
- Oregano or Italian herb seasoning (dry): 9 g
- Uncooked elbow macaroni: 200 g
- Cook and stir the ground beef over medium flame in a Dutch oven, while breaking up the meet as it cooks.
- Cook the meat for about 10 min till it is no longer pink and starts getting brown.
- Skim off the excess fat and add in onions and garlic. Stir this mixture for about 10 min, till the onions turn translucent.
- Add water, tomato sauce, tomatoes, soy sauce, oregano, bay leaves and salt and boil this mixture over medium heat. Simmer this mixture for 20 min over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the macaroni and cook it covered for 25 min with a lid till the pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, remove the bay leaves and serve.