A nice soup for the soul, stomach and tongue, this beauty in the bowl is my mum’s special. My grandmother is from Burma and brought with her an array of Thai recipes when she shifted to India. This is one of them; a preparation that I really like.
Coconut Lime Chicken Soup
- Roasted chicken: 500 gms.
- Coconut milk: 1 tin (small)
- Lime juice: 1 cup
- Carrots (medium size, diagonally sliced): 2
- Thai seasoning: 2 tbsp
- Soy sauce: 1 tbsp
- Salt: 1/4 tbsp
- Shred the chicken into strips. In a large sauce pan, combine shredded chicken, carrots, coconut milk, Thai seasoning, water and lime juice and keep it over high heat. Bring it boil and boil it for another 2-3 minutes. Reduce flame and cook soup until carrots are tender and crisp.
- Serve with cilantro and lime wedges.