Olives, turquoise blue, roses, white pillows, vines of wine, the Tuscan sun, cobbled streets and a long dip in the Mediterranean: what does it remind you of? Yup! A country of all things magical and pizzas; a beautiful country with beautiful people where men are strong and women are senoritas. The country called Italy.
Bringing to you a lesser known delicacy from the heart of Italy, this zesty Zucchini dip makes you say, no matter in what state you are: A tutto c’è rimedio, fuorchè alla morte- there is a cure for everything except death!
- Zucchini shredded: 3 cups
- Eggs: 2
- Parmesan cheese grated: 1/4th cup
- Cream Cheese: 1 cup
- Onions: ½ cup
- Parsley: 2 tbsp
- Oregano: 1.2 teaspoon
- Milk: 2 tbsp
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- In a colander, place the shredded zucchini, squeeze the excess water and set aside. In another bowl beat the cream cheese to a smooth consistency and blend in the eggs and milk.
- In an oven proof casserole, mix all the ingredients including the zucchini and bake at 350 degrees until bubbly.
- Pour in a chaffing dish and serve with sausages, hot dogs, Italian herb bread or plain bell peppers.