Hung Curd Dip
Invite yourself to taste this tangy, spicy and cooling dip. The tangy effect from the lime juice, while the garlic and green chilli spice it-up! And of course the hung curd adds to the cooling effect of the dip. The rich and smooth texture of hung curd is makes this dip feel very soft on the palate. Before you remove the hung curd from the muslin cloth ensure that the water is well drained off, only then the texture gets thick. If a sour taste is preferred then use slightly sour curd for the dip. This can be served with wafers, pita bread, salad sticks or use as a spread over crispy bread toast.
- Curd 1 medium bowl
- Onion 1 medium finely chopped
- Capsicum 1 finely chopped(optional)
- Green chillies 1-2
- Garlic 4-5 pods ground coarsely
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- A few Red chilli flakes
- A pinch of Oregano
- 2-3 fine slices of green chilli
- Olives(green or black)- Optional
- - Hang curd in muslin cloth till the water drains off.
- In a bowl put in the hung curd and add garlic to it. Mix well.
- Then add chopped onion, capsicum, green chillies, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice and mix.
- Garnish with red chilli flakes, Oregano and green chillies.
Prep Time:5 Minutes
Cook Time:10 Minutes
Total Time:15 Minutes