Bordelaise sauce is a classic French sauce named after Bordeaux, a place where one of the finest wines are produced. It is prepared with a winning combination of red wine, bone marrow, pepper, shallots and demi glace. Read on to make the finest and easy Borderlaise Sauce recipe in your own kitchen. You may surprise yourself, say the chefs.
Time taken: 40 min
– 1/4 cup shallots (finely chopped)
– 1 oz. butter (1/4 stick)
– 4 oz. diced beef bone marrow (if this is not available, it can be substituted with butter)
– 1/4 Tsp. cracked black peppercorn
– 1 sprig fresh thyme
– 1/2 cup red wine
– 1 cup Demi-Glace
– Take a sauce pan and melt better in it. Along with this sautÃ© shallots for about 2 mins until they turn transparent.
– Add red wine to the mixture and reduce it for about 2-3 miutes to an essence. Further add thyme and peppercons and reduce further for about 2-3 minutes. Do this until almost no liquid is left
– Add demi-glace and simmer the mixture for approximately 5-6 minutes till the sauce begins to thicken.
– Take a separate pan and simmer diced bone marrow in water for some 3-4 minutes. Drain the water and add diced bone marrow to the sauce and simmer for more 2 minutes.
– Serve the sauce with grilled or roast beef, especially whole roasted beef or tenderloin.