One look into the ingredients and it will leave you hesitating for a while as to whether you should proceed. This is a time tested recipe from a working mother’s cook-book. While today’s world of fast cooking losses out on some of natures best, a few fresh ingredients in hand, led to the discovery of this yummy soup. Now with the winter chills driving us to hog on hot fried food, this vegetable clear soup is a tasty and nutritious health tonic for the body. The fresh green pea shells add to the natural aroma and taste of the soup.
Vegetable Clear Soup
- 2 baby corns sliced round
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 4-5 leaves of creeper spinach (Mayalu) – julienned.
- ½ tsp soya powder
- 2-3 basil leaves
- 2 leafy base of cauliflower – coarsely cut
- Green pea shells (from about 250 gm)
- 1/2 cup corn stock
- ½ cup spinach stock
- Salt to taste
- Pepper powder to taste
- Add cauliflower base, the green pea shells and 2 cups of water. Pressure – cook it to obtain the stock.
- Dissolve the soya powder in the corn and spinach stock and keep aside.
- Strain the stock; add the soya–stock mixture, creeper spinach leaves, tomato, the baby corns, salt and heat till the baby corn and tomato is sufficiently cooked.
- Pour the contents into a soup bowl garnish with basil leaves and pepper.
Preparation time 20 minutes