When all the energy resources are down and you feel the need to revitalise yourself, here is a simple soup nourishing you with all the nutrients you need. While the curry leaves aid digestion, the onion, ginger, garlic and pepper helps in building immunity. The sweet potato, corn, tomato and carrot supply the nutrition for the day. Let’s say this is an all-in-one healthy vegetable soup. Another one of my instant soups, it has the best of most vegetables!
- ½ sweet potato steamed
- 1 bunch coriander leaves
- 2 garlic pods
- 1 stem curry leaves
- 1 onion
- 2 baby corns sliced
- 1small carrot sliced
- ½ tsp sesame seeds
- salt to taste
- 1/4tsp ginger powder/grated ginger
- 1 tsp cream
- 1 tomato finely cut
- 2 cups water
- Grind coarsely the coriander leaves, garlic pods, curry leaves and ½ onion in a mixer. Add the sweet potato to it and grind it fine. Keep aside.
- Heat a thick bottomed pan with a little oil.
- Add the ½ onion (diced), sesame seeds and sauté it till colour changes.
- Add the baby corns, carrot, tomato, salt to taste and sauté till the tomato cooks.
- Add the cream, the sweet-potato ground mix and stir it in for 2 minutes
- Add water and ginger.
- Bring it to a boil and let it thicken a bit.
- Put off the flame. It is ready to serve with sprinkled pepper powder.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes