I think, this needs a short introduction. Bruschetta is an Italian appetizer that combines beautifully, the taste of grilled bread, garlic, olive oil, vegetables or meat, salt and pepper together to give a crunchy base with a luscious topping. While a popular version of this, which is mainly, popularized in the United States calls for tomato, basil and mozzarella cheese, originally, it includes red onions, chopped meat and also red wine vinegar.
At Slurrpy kitchen today we will create original Bruschetta that’s not only great as appetizers but also as a quick fix after tired days or as breakfast. By the time you freshen up, your Bruschetta will be ready!
- Tomatoes: 2 medium
- Red Onions: 1 medium
- Basil: a Bunch
- Garlic: 3, cloves chopped
- Red wine vinegar: ½ a cup
- Olive Oil: ½ a cup
- Salt and pepper to taste
- French bread or baguette: 4 pieces cut in 2” Thick.
- Italian seasoning: A sprinkle of
- Goats cheese: ½ a cup, grated
- Chop all the ingredients except the bread, mix with olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and Italian herb seasoning.
- In a grill, set the bread to toast under low and freshen up.
- Come back and take out the bread, top with the chopped veggie mixture
- Sprinkle with goats cheese and serve warm.
- We can bet our on our last bit Italian herb that you’ll love it!